Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Getting to know me...

Where to find stuff

Dogs (1) Jesus (3) Reflections (2) The Word (1) Worship (2)

Friday, October 1, 2010

Knowing Jesus

What do you know about Jesus? Who is he to you? Is he just a man? Maybe he's just a name you've heard in conversations or is he someone deeper to you? For me, he is everything.  He is my savior and the reason I am who I am today.  He is also the reason that I continue to understand what my purpose is in life.  I am also gaining a deeper understanding of who God is and why he loves us so much.  After all, He did create us so why wouldn't he love us?

Tonight, I am at home alone and I am at peace.  My 6 year old niece, whom we are currently raising, is with her father (my brother) for the weekend and my husband is at a golf tournament.  There is a quiet peacefullness in our home.  I needed this.  I've needed this quiet time for so long and here I have it, given to me by God.  Coindidence? No.  That's God.  Because He is so big and He knows our every need.  So, tonight...he gave me peace, quiet and time alone...with Him.  He also gave me music, something I love and something that has been a part of my life since I was a child.  Growing up I watched my parents communicate thru music; they would share songs they each loved that spoke to them about how they loved one another.  I believe God has given me this as His way of speaking to me, because I understand it.  And tonight, in my quiet, he gave me a song...a gentle reminder if you will.  The song is called Age to Age, His Glory Appears, by Hillsong; I've included it above.  The lyrics pearced my heart and I was reminded, yet again, in the stillness of my home, of His love...the love that only a father can give; Jesus.

At the Cross, where you died for me.

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 "For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was bured, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures." How deep is the Father's love?

No comments:

Post a Comment